Friday, October 4, 2019

Ann Arbor


So I have now been living in Ann Arbor for a couple of weeks, and it is such a cute little town to be in! There isn’t a ton of things going on, but there are a couple of highlights. And it’s just nice being in a small town while I work on my PhD, so I don’t mind it.

First of all, the museums. There are a number of museums associated with the University such as the museum of art, archeology, and natural history. All of them are rather small, only takes an hour or so to go through them, but they all have some pretty cool things in their collection. I really liked the art museum in particular since there’s a Monet and a special exhibit right now on Schiele.

Besides that, there are a bunch of outdoors-y nature things to do. I walked up to the Leslie Nature Center and really got a kick out of the raptor enclosures up there. There’s a bunch of owls, and even a bald eagle! Then there’s the Huron River, you can catch people tubing and kayaking down the river at any point when the weather is nice. Finally, there’s the Arboretum. In the spring there are fields of peonies but it’s a lovely stroll at any point of the year.

And that’s the bulk of things to do in Ann Arbor! Like I said, not much, but it’s all very cute and very accessible to anyone, nothing I mentioned actually has an entrance fee. I’m looking forward to getting to know this city more!

No comments:

Post a Comment