Wednesday, October 23, 2019

This Is Beautiful: webOS

Alright so to absolutely no one's surprise the phone that I use is several years out of date. It's a Palm Plus, and it runs an operating system called webOS. This bad boy stopped getting made in 2011, and all the Palm servers went offline back in 2014. Doesn't have any apps, but it has a camera and can text/call and that's all I need.

I LOVE my phone. Like a crazy amount. It's partially because it's linked to my personality and aesthetic now, for sure, but I adore it. I love not having a ton of apps on me that are constantly distracting. It makes it easier to focus on what I'm doing.

I also get such a kick out of the online community of people who still use webOS phones. There are forums dedicated to using and developing apps for these phones. They've come to my aid a fair number of times when I ran into problems with getting a new phone up and running. I just adore that there are people like me who won't buy into the monopoly that is Apple and everything else.

I hope that someday phones will shrink again and I won't hate all of the technology around me. But until then, me and my tiny phone are doing just fine thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment