Wednesday, October 2, 2019

This Is Beautiful: Departmental Retreats

This past weekend I was off on a departmental retreat with my fellow grad students and professors. I thought it was going to be long, exhausting, and fundamentally awkward since it's a bunch of PhDs all in close proximity. And it was all of that, but it was also so much fun as well!

It was great spending some time just getting to know everyone else in the department. As a new student, I don't know too many of them, but at the same time there isn't exactly an abundance of social events to get to know each other outside of the classroom or lab. So it was great to just take a weekend to hang out with them.

I had a great time, a better time than I expected actually, and I hope that this energy carries me though the next couple of days while all of the sleep deprivation catches up with me haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment