Wednesday, October 9, 2019

This Is Beautiful: Love Fame Tragedy

Okay so I think everyone knows that I'm a big fan of the band The Wombats. Recently one of the members, Murph, split off to do a solo project with a whole bunch of collaborations with people like Bastille and the like. The group is called "Love Fame Tragedy" and their first EP just dropped, "I Don't Want to Play the Victim, But I'm Really Good At It." It is excellent!

There are only a couple songs on it, but it really meshes the sense of fun that all of The Wombats' songs have with a little more seriousness and less playfulness. The result is a very polished body of work that still will force you to have a good time. That's not to say that I think this is better than The Wombats, I really like their messy feel, but it's different and similar and still soooo good.

Check it out on Spotify here!

No comments:

Post a Comment