Wednesday, April 15, 2020

This Is Beautiful: Music but quarantine

I think it says a lot about the way I feel about the music I've been doing in grad school when I'm so much happier about it while a pandemic is going on. There's just so many people continuing to make music together over social media, and figuring out the technology to make it work and still make art. It's wonderful to see, and even better to be a part of. Because the best part is that there's no restriction on physical location, you just need a decent mic and an internet connection! It just feels so much more accessible to everyone, no one's doing auditions haha, and you can pick and choose whatever pieces and projects are most interesting! I'm now in a virtual jazz ensemble, a sax quartet, and a kazoo ensemble! It's great, keep trying to connect and make art with others! Don't let the pandemic stop you!

No comments:

Post a Comment