Wednesday, February 2, 2022

This Is Beautiful: The Wombats in Concert!

 I've seen the Wombats in concert 3 times: once when I was studying in Glasgow, once in DC, and now in Detroit! They're so much fun every single time. Apparently Detroit is always a hit for them, which I wasn't aware of until they commented on that last night. I'm glad I got to be part of it this time!

I was nervous about COVID going in, but honestly even if I got sick I'm pretty glad that I did this. Being in a room with all of the collective energy of everyone around you loving the event is really like nothing else. Plus hearing music from one of my favorite bands live, a lot of songs that I'd only heard over streaming thus far, was really incredible. I have much more fun at shows like this one where I know ALL OF THE WORDS and every tune is a hit than bands that I don't know as well. Not that I'd really ever say no to going to a concert, but it's different when you know all of them by heart.

Anyways, I'm exhausted since the concert was on a Monday, but it was worth it. I got a boost of energy for sure from that, which was definitely needed this week. But go see live music if you can, it's so fun and energizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment