Saturday, July 2, 2022

Shakespeare in the Arb 2022

 As of last week, that's a wrap on Shakespeare in the Arb! It was such an incredible experience. I loved being a part of it and I hope that I can do it again next year.

The community was really the best part of it (as with most experiences). I really enjoyed doing this with people that are part of the local community, students from undergrad, people who have done this for years, and those who just started this year. It was such a diverse group (relatively) and it was great to not be surrounded by solely undergrads. For once I wasn't the oldest person there! The group also clearly enjoyed doing social events and spending time together. We were all busy, but everyone made time to chat and get to know each other.

Then there's the method of doing environmental theater and moving through the arboretum throughout the play. I really loved this way of doing theater, I felt as though we were much closer to the location and got to see many really cool plants and animals. A black squirrel definitely stole one of the final scenes on closing night. A deer once jumped through very close to Titania's bower. You wouldn't get that anywhere else.

I am definitely looking forward to doing this again, if at all possible. I feel sure that I already made multiple new, strong friendships and I hope that I can keep that going into future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment