Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Pros and Cons of Boston

So I’m not the biggest Boston fan. I like the city, it’s more historical and laid back than NYC. But there are also a few things that I don’t really like about it.

First, there’s the sports fans. If you are a Yankees fan like me, you are basically massacred (heh) anytime you voice your viewpoint. I’m sure it’s the same in New York if you’re a Sox fan. But as I’m a Yankees fan, that’s definitely going to sway my opinion.

In a similar vein, the drivers in Boston are pretty bad. And it’s usually the people with the zillions of sports stickers. Use your blinker idiot!

Then there’s the city itself. Whoever planned it out had no idea what they were doing, you come to intersections where 5 streets converge and they’re all at 30 degree angles (I can math I swear) and it just makes no sense whatsoever. And there are one way streets at inconvenient spots that really need to not be there. I just don’t get it.

Similarly, the T isn’t the best. I ended up waiting for around 10 minutes every time I had to switch to a different line. And apparently the Government Circle stop is closed for the next 2 years? I had no idea. They tend to get delayed a lot, not the best system in place.

Now the good stuff.

The city is beautiful, it has a different feel from New York where it’s high skyscrapers and blaring lights.  Depending on where you are, there are nice old buildings that just look good. And there are modern ones that look funky as well.

The history behind it is really nice. There’s the freedom trail and several other options for learning about it. It’s very cool, and important to know your history!

There are tons of museums around! There’s the Museum of Science, Museum of Fine Arts, the Isabella Gardner Museum, and the Aquarium among others. So there is always something to do that’s good for everyone.

I can’t remember the statistic, but the population increases dramatically when schools start. There are so many schools around, it’s a great place to be a student!

So that’s my take on Boston. It’s a good place to visit, but I don’t think I would want to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment