Saturday, August 9, 2014

“T.S. Eliot: An Imperfect Life” Biography by Lyndall Gordon

Yeah, just finished this book. I really just picked it up because I thought it was a collection of his poems, then I decided that a biography was the next best thing.

I really like the way that the author lays out the book, focusing on the influences on his poetry rather than simply his life. It’s pretty interesting to get a look into his head that way.

She also portrays a pretty even picture of him and doesn’t omit his anti-Semitism or hatred of women in his poems or anything like that.

Like I said, biographies are difficult for me to review well, and I didn’t really know Eliot’s life very well to begin with. But I enjoyed reading this. If you’re a fan of his poems, or just interested in this man’s journey through life, then I think you will enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment